Google
 

Saturday, August 4, 2007

My Texas Ranger


I did 2 things wrong with my Texas Ranger. I put my patio too close to it even thought I knew it was going to grow much bigger and I left the drip system too close to it's truck so that the roots didn't spread out. This is a low water plant so I can probably take the drip off of it altogether.

We had a big storm last Tuesday and my poor Texas Ranger fell over. Luckily I found it while the ground was still very wet so I propped it up with a rock close to its trunk. Once the ground dries out it cements the plant in place so if you don't put it upright fast, it will be permanently lopsided.



I was thrilled to see that it finally bloomed. I had read that it blooms when the air is humid but it has been humid for 3 weeks! I went out to look at it every couple of days to see if it looked like it was thinking about blooming. Then, on the day of the storm, when I find it laying on its side, I see it covered with flower buds. I am glad it survived the storm so that I could see it's beautiful flowers.

No comments: