Google
 

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Planted Trees Today

Here's my happy little Desert Willow. I planted it on the West side of the mobile home near my greenhouse so that I wouldn't have to haul water much farther than I already am for the little garden. I didn't clear the aloe away from the spot. I am hoping the aloe plants will keep the soil from drying out and keep the soil cooler. So far the tree looks happy.

The Mesquite tree is hard to see but it approximately 12 feet from the other tree and will grow very fast to give me some shade. I need to dig a wider basin around the bottom of the tree to collect water. Eventually I want to direct the water that comes off the mobile home roof to go to the two trees. That will take a lot more work since the trees are a little higher up and it's hard to put gutters on a mobile home. I need to design some way to catch the water as it comes off the roof and pipe it over to the trees. That would be easier than trying to dig trenches along the ground I think. It needs more thought.

No comments: