Google
 

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Rain, Rain, Please Come Today!

I am still watering my sad looking transplanted shrubs. The rain always seems to be a week away. The weather channel says it might rain on Saturday.

When I went out to water this morning I saw the first bloom on my baby Desert Willow. It is so pretty. I will take a picture tomorrow if I remember. That is one tough tree. I think I did everything wrong when I planted it. It was over 100 degrees at the time, I didn't dig the hole big enough, I pulled the tree out of the pot and the root ball broke. The leaves began to curl for the first few days. I thought it was a goner for sure. But a week later the leaves uncurled and it began to grow. Now it is twice the size and there are many blooms. I am very happy with my $6 tree.

No comments: